English Library Information
|Tuesday - Friday||9:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.|
|Saterday, Sunday, National holidays||9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Children reading room||9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
Mondays, The 3rd Friday of each month,
Year End, New Year (from Dec. 28th to Jan.4th)
Annual general inventory (Within ten days throughout the year)
In addition, temporary closure may take place
How to make a library card
Please fill in an application for a library card, and hand it in along with a form of identification with your name and address. (e.g. / a driver's license, student ID card or your foreign registration card, etc.)
How to check out library books
- Any person who lives, works or studies in Chiba prefecture may check out books.
- Each person may check out up to 5 books at a time for a period of 2 weeks.
- There are reference books, newspapers, periodicals and audio-visual materials which may not be checked out.
- Please bring the books and your library card to the counter.
- If the book is not reserved by other users, you may renew the expiry date only once, and keep it for another 2 weeks.
- Please come to the counter before the expiry date.
- The library is free of charge and available to all.
- The library protects the user's privacy concerning what they read.
How to return library books
- Please bring the books to the counter before the expiry date.
- When the library is closed, please return them to the book slot located next to the entrance.
When the books you are looking for is not on the shelf
- The book may be in circulation. If so, you may reserve it.
- The book may not be available in this library. You may request that we check it out from other libraries.
- A coin-operated photocopier is available in the library.
- You are urged to abide by the Copyright Law.
- Please fill in an application form and bring it to the counter.